- Joomla! 1.5.1 [sennu] or later. Joomla! 1.5.10 [Wohmamni] is recommended.
Migrating from 0.9.0This only applies to those using the very first version. To keep your settings, you need to keep this version installed and install the latest one too, so that you have the toolbar "twice":
- Disable the first version in Administrator » Extensions » Plugin Manager » System - UserToolbar
- Download and install the latest version from JoomlaCode
- Browse to the configuration page in Administrator » Components » UserToolbar » Configuration
- In another window or tab, open the plugin page: Administrator » Extensions » Plugin Manager » System - UserToolbar
- Copy the parameters from the latter page to the first
- Uninstall the old plugin.
NOTE: Don't uninstall the wrong plugin! The one you want to get rid of is called System - UserToolbar and has a version number of 0.9. The one you want to keep is called System - UserToolbar (uBar) and has a different version number (at least 0.9.1).
Toolbar ButtonsTo add a button to your bar, head the the buttons page in Administrator » Components » UserToolbar » Button List and click on "New". You'll be asked to select a button type. Select the type you want, then fill in the parameters as needed.
Button ParametersEvery button has common parameters regardless of their type:
Name: (required) The button name;
Description: A short description;
Icon: Location of the button icon. Click on "Icon" to select one from the icons folder, or copy and paste the URI to an image on the web;
Position: Select "Left" or "Right" to choose where the button should show on the bar;
CSS Class: Insert the class name you want for this specific button, or leave it blank;
Order: The position of the button relative to other buttons in the bar;
Access: The button's access level. Limit the access to a button to registered users only, or editors and publishers, etc;
Menus: Whether to show the bar on specific menu items or on all pages;
Select Item: Select the specific menu items on which the bar should be displayed;
Enabled: Un-check to disable the button.
Here is a list of the placemarks available:
[url-64]: Base64-encoded URI of current page;
[url-en]: URL-encoded URI of current page;
[user-id]: ID of currently logged in user;
[username]: Username of currently logged in user;
[title]: Title of current page;
[token]: User access token (for advanced users).